I work 100% remotely and call the world my office. At a glance, this may seem glamorous and romantic. In reality, traveling while working can be extremely stressful, challenging and tiring. Believe me, when your client is expecting the final design files ASAP and there are rolling blackouts from a tropical rainstorm in Costa Rica, your sanity really gets put to the test.
Sometimes stressful situations are unavoidable, but there are ways to create calm while on the road. Here are my travel essentials for peaceful days at the office for any digital nomad:
- Noise-canceling headphones and chilled out beats (à la Soulection)
- My Paradise Blue Compact Passion Planner
- A few good pens, highlighters and post-its
- Delightfully floral-scented candles (Pink Bellini Bijou is my fave)
- Universal adapters/plugs for your laptop (a must!)
- A cordless, USB mouse
- Mini photo prints from your favorite travel adventures
- A small vase of fresh-cut flowers
About the writer:
Kat Gaskin is a traveling pineapple-obsessed photographer and graphic designer who lives for sun, salt and sand.